Sunday, January 1, 2012

Best Beauty Products of 2011

Photobucket

Since today is the first day of the year 2012 I decided to post about my favorite beauty products of 2011. Some of these products I have been using for years and some were incorporated to my beauty regimen this past year or past two years. I don't have any makeup related products since I figure that might be another great topic for future posts. Enjoy!

Let's start with face products:

Makeup Removing Products:

I have been using my Lancome Gentle Claryfing and Cleansing Fluid for Face and Eyes for many years now, this year I started using the Avene Extremely Gentle Cleanser. I usually just dab some product in large cotton pads and remove my makeup. Both products are great non irritating and non drying. Love them both. For my eyes I just can't say enough for the Bioderma Solution Micellaire, this is my third bottle and it's the best eye makeup remover I have ever tried. Believe me once you try it you wont go back to any other...it's that good!!

Photobucket

Face Cleansing Products:

Having the Olay Brush Cleanser has really made my routine so much easier and has helped to reduce the amount of products I used in my face. My skin has improved a lot thanks to this, since it cleanses really well. For the price (compared to Clarisonic's insane price) I really think it's a handy and valuable tool to have. I also love this Avene Ultra Rich Soap Free bar. I use this to cleanse my skin every morning and night. It's very gentle and doesn't dry my skin. I recently incorporated this Origins Liquid Moisture with White Tea for my winter face cleansing routine. I like using this Origins Liquid Moisture after I cleansed my skin (only at night). I find it to be very gentle and soothing compared to other products similar to this I have had before.

Photobucket

For blemishes:

These are the two products I normally use for my blemishes. So far so good.
Photobucket

Serums and moisturizers:

The products I use in the day are very different of what I normally use in the night. During the day it's all about protecting my skin from the sun and moisturizing my skin but without having heavy moisturizers. I normally wash my face and apply a sun protectant. I like La Roche Posay SPF 50 sunscreen but this past year I have been using this ISDIN sun protector, its SPF 50 and it is for sensitive skin. As far as moisturizing I would use Estee Lauders Hydrationist serum and Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer with SPF 15. I have tried many other moisturizers and I always come back to this Aveeno one. As far as lips I just can't have enough of MAC Lip Conditioner if I would have to describe this in one word it would be: AMAZING!!



Photobucket

As for night time routine, it pretty much changes from time to time. It all depends on how my skin is reacting to certain products or to stress (environmental, hormonal, etc). Again I really enjoy using serums at day and night, I feel like they aren't so thick and so just globby?? (if that's even a word). I really feel like they sink in to the skin and do their job instead of just staying on top of the skin and not doing anything. If I do use a face cream I normally reach for Origins Mega Mushroom Face Cream but just use a tiny bit, since this can be quite greasy. I also enjoy using oils, specially Vitamin E or Vitamin C oil. The oils I just use a tiny bit and massage it in my face very gently in the areas that are needed. They don't clog my pores and they really hydrate my skin specially in the winter.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. What's the witch hazel for???? I'm intrigued

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use it as an astringent, it's gentle enough not to irritate your skin. But it also has many other properties such as to reduce inflammation, itching and even to soothe and even to heal diaper rash.

    ReplyDelete