Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Best Beauty Products of 2011: Skin, Hair and Nails

Just to continue with my favorite products of 2011, these were my favorite skin, hair and nail products.

Skin:
My skin is very dry so I love soaps that moisturize my skin and this Dove bar has been doing it's job ever since I was a little girl. My mom uses it and I just keep the custom of using it as well. I normally change from the white bar, pink bar (like the smell) and the sensitive bar for when my skin need something gentle. I also like the fact that they range from winter care bars and summer care bars (how cool is that?).
The Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash has 2% salicylic acid. This I only use in my back about twice a week. Even though I don't suffer from back acne I use this to exfoliate my back to keep it clear and smooth. This brush from The Body Shop I use on my back only.


Photobucket

As for moisturizing my skin, I've suffered from dermatitis ever since I was little and used the Cetaphil lotion for years. As the years have gone by my dermatitis has decreased and I can use other lotions but must be very hydrating and sensitive at the same time. Curel has now replaced my Cetaphil. I also like using The Body Shops Coconut Body Butter for winter time.

Photobucket

Hair, hair, hair!! One of my biggest problems. Ever since I known I've had very dry hair that wouldn't grow much. My hair is wavy and I have lots of it. These last two years I have been using extra virgin coconut oil as my weekly treatment and let me tell you guys my hair texture and length has changed drastically. This is probably the first time in my whole life that my hair actually touches my boobs!! I have also opted to stay away of harsh shampoos with sulfate and parabens. I got these David Babaii products at Marshall's and TJ Maxx, and I really like them. When I knew they were being discontinued I probably did a what I call Marshall's and TJ Maxx hunting and bought enough for about two years. Yeah I know compulsive right? Once a week, usually when I do my oil treatment I use a regular shampoo, one that can help take out all the debris and coconut oil out of my hair and for that I like this Neutrogena Shampoo. As far as leave in treatments I have been using this Neutrogena Triple Moisture Leave in Conditioner only in my ends.

Photobucket

Last but not least, Nails!

Not much to say about these but that I have been using these for some years now and they work perfectly. Sally Hansen nail polish removers are my fave. They aren't harsh on the nails and remove the nail polish very quickly. As for base coat I use Sally Hansen Triple Strong Advance Gel Nail Fortifier and Seche Vite Top Coat. Every night before going to bed I rub Vitamin E oil in my cuticles of my fingers and toes. It is cheap and really does a good job. I'm planning on doing a post on different oils and how I use them thinking it might be helpful for others.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment